Saturday, May 8, 2010

....Congratulations Kate and Brad....

....One hundred cupcakes and a top cutting cake is a daunting task when you don't have a commercial oven and you work full-time, so Kate's Mum was relieved when I said I was more than happy to take on the task.

Kate and Brad were having an elegant cocktail party, for their engagement, so the six-tiered cupcake stand full of cupcakes was certainly a show-stopper. Unfortunately I don't have photos of the finished product as Kate put it together herself.
The designated colours were stunning - black, silver, cream and pearl, so we decided on chocolate-mocha cupcakes in silver cases, with vanilla buttercream frosting.

The cupcakes were dusted with shimmering Pearl sugar and decorated with silver cachous and silver hearts. The piece-de-resistance? The hearts had Kate and Brad printed on each one. This was my surprise for Kate :))))

The cutting cake was the same chocolate cake with Belgian chocolate ganache between the layers and covering the entire cake.



Piped vanilla buttercream decorated the edges and a piped chocolate plaque

congratulated the happy couple.




I didn't see the cakestand completely put together but Kate and her Mum
assured me it was stunning and they will send me a photo :))))))

Kate is now busily planning her wedding.......

No comments: