Tuesday, October 19, 2010

....An Ending and A New Beginning....

A couple of months ago, The Vintage Garden & Cupcake Cafe closed it's doors in Buninyong for the final time. I won't go into the details of why ~ suffice it to say lease problems!!!!It was a difficult time for everyone ~ Geoff, me, the girls who worked with us and our very loyal customers - there were tears all round.
We had been in Buninyong for six years and had run the Cafe for three of these
so customers had become friends and staff were like family.

But it is no good looking back ~ we must all move forward. Hopefully by now, all the girls will have new and exciting jobs and Geoff and I have moved to a new venture. As before, I have been lucky enough to be able to "Follow my Bliss" and have opened a new shop, just as gorgeous, actually, even more so than the old one :))))) For those who haven't already found us, it is called The Vintage China Company and you can visit us at 451 Doveton Street North, Soldier's Hill, Ballarat. We are situated on the corner of Doveton and Macarthur Streets.
I will conclude this Blog here as the new venture deserves a Blog of its own and it, along with the web site will be up and running very soon. You can check us out at
Thank you again to the girls who worked for us and the customers who not only visited us time and time again, but became our friends ~ you made The Vintage Garden & Cupcake Cafe the special place it was.
Sue xo

2 comments:

Lucinda Obrien said...

Sue I was so sad to hear of your news.I have found this year to be extremely tough in the retail game!!But great news and congratulations on your new venture.Will pop over to you new blog and check it out.When one door closes....a new one opens!!!Good luck!!

My Humble little Nest. said...

I,m so pleased to hear that you are back in business and am looking forward to coming and having a browse, i cannot believe that you have improved on your last little bit of heaven, coz it was just Gorgeous! I wish you every success in your new adventure..
Carilyn.